Here are a few topics/questions for discussion but feel free to discuss whatever you would like:
1. What did you think about the love triangle? Was it well done?
2. Did Tessa turn to Will too quickly after she finds out about Jem?
3. The ending. What did you think? I was actually quite happy with it, except it was sad to read about Will dying. Of course, he lived a long and happy life, but still, you just don't want to think about it. Some people have expressed anger/cop-out type feelings that Tessa gets to have both Will and Jem and you only have one love in your life, etc. But I didn't feel that way. She is going to live forever. If Will is it, then she's alone for eternity. So I was happy that Jem gets to have his happily ever after too. And I thought Tessa said it best when she said: "They say you cannot love two people equally at once. And perhaps for others that is so. But you and Will--you are not like two ordinary people, two people who might have been jealous of each other, or who would have imagined my love for one of them diminished by my love of the other. You merged your souls when you were both children. I could not have loved Will so much if I had not loved you as well. And I could not love you as I do if I had not loved Will as I did." Do you really think she loved them equally at once?
4. A question I had about Tessa and Will. Since Tessa can shape shift and look however she wants to look, why didn't she just grow old looking with Will? Then after he died, she could have changed back.
5. What did you think about Jem becoming a Silent Brother? And has anyone heard whether Jem will be in City of Heavenly Fire? Jem says: "It has been a hard year, a dark year, for Shadowhunters. But out of the blood and the fire, the loss and the sorrow, there have been born some great new changes."
6. What about Tessa leaving her children? She stayed with Will, and it obviously hurt her to lose him, and then she knows the same thing is going to happen to Jem: "Jem was mortal now. He would grow old like Will, and like Will he would die, and she did not know if she could bear it again."
Please post a comment--we would love to hear your thoughts on these questions or anything else!
Posted by: Pam