Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano

Waiting on Wednesday features upcoming releases and is hosted by Breaking the Spine.

Perfect Ruin 
Author: Lauren DeStefano
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Expected Publication Date: October 1, 2013

From Goodreads:
On Internment, the floating island in the clouds where 15-year-old Morgan Stockhour lives, getting too close to the edge can lead to madness. Even though Morgan's older brother, Lex, was a Jumper, Morgan vows never to end up like him. She tries her best not to mind that her life is orderly and boring, and if she ever wonders about the ground, and why it is forbidden, she takes solace in best friend Pen and her betrothed, Basil.

Then a murder, the first in a generation, rocks the city. With whispers swirling and fear on the wind, Morgan can no longer stop herself from investigating, especially when she meets Judas. He is the boy being blamed for the murder — betrothed to the victim — but Morgan is convinced of his innocence. Secrets lay at the heart of Internment, but nothing can prepare Morgan for what she will find — or who she will lose.


Why I'm Excited:
Well, every time I see the cover on other people's blogs I'm intrigued plus I want to know if naming the location "Internment" was intentional or just convenient.

Posted by:  Sheri

17 comments:

  1. Don't worry. This will be out shortly. It sounds really good.

    My Wow Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read a book by this author before, but this one sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my pick from last week! I'm very excited for this one. I loved Lauren DeStefano's Chemical Garden series so I have high hopes for this one!

    Rebecca @ The Library Canary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually learned about this book because of it being on other blogs too. It sounds great and luckily it will be out soon!

    Thanks for your constant comments and of course for stopping by my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed Lauren Chemical Garden trilogy so I'm excited to read this one :)

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very intrigued by this cover and book, I am waiting on more reviews before I pick it up :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! Who could resist a book about a floating cloud city?! And that cover. Gah! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That has a nice cover plus the flaoting islnd thing is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wither was alright but I tried to read Fever and couldn't get into it. I'll have to give it another go because I really want to finish this series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this floating island sounds intriguing too. The cover looks very magical. Lovely pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this floating island sounds intriguing too. The cover looks very magical. Lovely pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa sorry about the multiple comments! I don't know what happened there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so good. It was on my most anticipated books of the fall list. Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lauren DeStefano has THE BEST COVERS. Have you seen the other ones for her Chemical Garden trilogy? Even if there seems to be a girl-with-giant-hair and eccentric font theme, they're all so wonderful and they fit the poetic vibe of her writing very well. What do you like most about the cover?

    As for Internment, I'd recently read a trade review of this book, and it seems like there is a lot of allegory and symbolism in the novel. I don't know - I haven't read yet - but I'd guess that Internment was an intentional name.

    I hope this lives up to your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES! I can't believe it is almost here :)

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this author! I STILL need to read Sever but I'm excited for something new from her. :)

    ReplyDelete