Monday, November 11, 2013

Book Review: Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Sentinel (Covenant #5)
Author:  Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher:  Spencer Hill Press, 360 pages
Publication Date:  November 2, 2013

From Goodreads:
As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.

In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.


Review:
This is absolutely one of my favorite series...I love Jennifer Armentrout (this will be a bit of a love fest review).  Alex and Aiden are one of my top YA couples and I have to say, Aiden is probably the perfect book boyfriend.  And Alex has grown so much throughout this series.  There's action, adventure, love, romance, snark, humor, courage, bravery, and sacrifice.  And for you Seth fans, he's back and you will not be disappointed (I don't want to say more about Seth because I don't want to spoil anything).

There are so many great secondary characters that I just love...Deacon, Luke, Olivia, Marcus, and of course Apollo.  Jennifer Armentrout does a fantastic job of creating characters I feel like I know.  I truly care about what happens to them, which can make for stressful reading.  And not just the MCs, but all of the characters.  We learn even more about the gods in this book, which was fun.  And the ending...I couldn't read it fast enough to get to the end and let me just say...fantastic ending.  This is what we want.  It wrapped everything up but at the same time, there's definitely room for Jennifer Armentrout to write more books set in this world.  *Hint hint*  Love love love this series and the last book was amazing!  If you haven't read this series yet, read it.  


Posted by:  Pam

6 comments:

  1. I need to read this series or anything by Jennifer Armentrout really. I haven't read any of her books yet but have heard amazing things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend both her Lux series and this one. And this one is now complete so you could binge! :) ~Pam

      Delete
  2. I keep hearing so many great things about this book -- but I've got to read FOUR books to get to it!?! Haha, geez!

    It reminds me of Clockwork Princess. EVERYONE and their momma were talking about how excited they were to finally have it and that convinced me to read the series, which led to 5 TMI books and the 3 ID books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, there are a lot of books. But they're so good! And you should read one of the novellas, Elixir, which takes place between Apollyon and Sentinel. I don't usually read novellas, but this one is good (and told from Aiden's POV, which was great). ~Pam

      Delete
  3. It's great when the secondary characters are so well done and you care about them just as much! " There's action, adventure, love, romance, snark, humor, courage, bravery, and sacrifice." This sounds like a really great series and a perfect introduction to JLA for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend this series. So entertaining! ~Pam

      Delete