Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Sequels I Can't Wait to Get My Hands On

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

These first six are true sequels (just the second book).  

1.     The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed #2) by Page Morgan.  I loved The Beautiful and the Cursed (gotta love a book about gargoyles) so I'm excited to read the next one, which will be released on May 13, 2014.
2.     The Treatment (The Program #2) by Suzanne Young.  A suicide epidemic?  The Program was such a great, romantic read and I can't wait to see what happens next to Sloane and James.  This will be released on April 29, 2014.
3.     No Life But This by Anna Sheehan.  A Long, Long Sleep is one of those books that really stayed with me for some reason.  It's about a girl who basically slept for sixty-two years and then wakes up to an entirely different world.  And the reason she was asleep is just so horrible, I have to say (and heartbreaking).  It was meant to be a stand-alone, but the "stand-alone sequel," whatever that means, will be released August 21, 2014.  I just want to find out what happens next to Rose.  The cover has not yet been revealed.

4.     Split Second (Pivot Point #2) by Kasie West.  I love Kasie West.  And the way Pivot Point ended...I just have to find out what happens to Addie (and everyone else).  The sequel will be released on February 11, 2014.

5.     The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2) by Rick Yancey.  The 5th Wave was such an incredible book that I cannot wait to get my hands on the sequel.  Here's what Rick Yancey has to say:  
"More aliens! More mistrust! More betrayal! More explosions and mayhem! Twists, reversals, surprises! Also, we get to see this new, Other-created world through the eyes of different characters. Ringer, for one, whose narrative is the most urgent and haunting of any of the voices I’ve channeled thus far. We will discover the answer that everyone asks, nearly every day: 'Did BLANK survive?' The sequel, like the first book, explores the boundaries between hope and despair, damnation and deliverance, and what ultimately makes us us and not them. Oh, and expect a huge shocker of an ending!"  
Doesn't that make you want to read the sequel??  I took out the person's name so I wouldn't spoil it for anyone who has not read The 5th Wave.  The sequel will be released on May 6, 2014 and the cover has yet to be revealed.

6.     Enders (Starters #2) by Lissa Price.  Starters was about teens renting their bodies to seniors who just want to be young again.  What a page turner and given that shocking, pretty yucky ending, can't wait for the sequel.  It will be released January 7, 2014.

These are part of series that I love (in no particular order) and can't wait for the next one (I went over ten, sorry!):


7.     Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer
8.     Three (Article 5 #3) by Kristen Simmons
9.     Infinite (Newsoul #3) by Jodi Meadows
10.   The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) by Michelle Hodkin
11.     The Offering (The Pledge #3) by Kimberly Derting    
12.     Ruins (Partials #3) by Dan Wells
13.     Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tehereh Mafi
And of course The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) by Richelle Mead, which was my Waiting on Wednesday last week.

What sequels can you not wait to get your hands on??


Posted by:  Pam

7 comments:

  1. I love that you went over ten! Lol, I could have easily gotten out of control on my list... The Treatment, The Infinite Sea, Enders, Cress, Three, The Offering, Ignite Me, Ruins, Into the Still Blue, City of Heavenly Fire. Omg, we have the exact same taste in books. I still need to read the Mara Dyer series, but I think I'm going to wait for the third book and then binge read the whole series. :) Great list today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with so many books on your list! :-) I'm particularly looking forward to Mara Dyer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with EVERY book, even though some are series I haven't started yet, lol. They are all books I either own or want to own!

    Here's my TTT

    If you have time, visit my giveaway: Goodreads Challenge Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait for Split Second. It just looks amazing. I still need to read the first book in a lot of these--and want to--especially: The 5th Wave and Under the Never Sky. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really excited for Enders and I CAN't WAIT for The Retribution!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is an amazing list and it is full of so many series that I am still dying to start! The Program, The 5th Wave, Cinder, Shatter Me, Pivot Point and Article 5 are all books that I am itching to read, may have to treat myself to them soon!

    Great list! My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Split Second, Cress, Retribution of Mara Dyer <333 Cannot Wait! Great picks ladies!

    ReplyDelete