Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.

Frankly, given how much my co-blogger reads, participating in this particular top ten is almost impossible while my To Be Read Shelf is legendary so here are my choices in particular order. 

Sheri's Choices:
1. Rainbow Rowell
2. Meg Cabot
3. Kerstin Gier
4. Stacey Jay
5. Kiera Cass
6. Tahereh Mafi
7. John Green
8. Lauren DeStefano
9. Jodi Meadows
10. Sophie Jordan

Pam's Picks:
1.  Sarah Dessen.  I see her books everywhere but for some reason I've never picked one up. Any recommendations for which one to read first?
2.  Meg Cabot.  I really enjoyed The Princess Diaries movie (it was based on her book, right?) but I've never read it.

I would have put Cinda Williams Chima on my list but I'm actually reading The Demon King right now.



What popular authors have you never read?

9 comments:

  1. Love Keira Cass, Tahereh Mari and Rainbow Rowell! I've only read one book by John Green and Sophie Jordan but they were fantastic! I've not picked anything up by Cabot either, they just don't seem like my type of book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not sure that I'll read Cabot, but I hear good things. ~Pam

      Delete
  2. Sheri, you have a lot of awesome authors to read!

    Pam, I totally forgot to put Sarah Dessen on my list, but I should have. I've heard great things, but like you, I don't really know where to start either. I have read Meg Cabot (way way way back when I was like a freshman in high school maybe?) I remember liking her books then, but my reading tastes have changed so much not sure how I would feel now. Maybe I should read some of her other books sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may try a Sarah Dessen book, but I'm not sure about Meg Cabot. Not sure if I would like them. ~Pam

      Delete
  3. The Truth About Forever is my favorite Sarah Dessen in response to a rec. Meg Cabot is one of my favorites. She did write the PD series, but I prefer her "chick-lit" series, especially the "Boy" series that starts with The Boy Next Door. I really liked Rainbow Rowell's books Attachments and Fangirl, but not so much Eleanor and Park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try The Truth About Forever. She has written so many, I just wasn't sure where to start. Thanks! ~Pam

      Delete
  4. Pam - Love Cinda Williams Chima! Love her! Her Seven Realms series isn't exactly clean (non-descriptive sex), but they are still one of my favorite series! The last book is edge-of-your-seat through the whole thing and it's thick, but I read it so fast. It was like I was racing to the end myself, but I was still able to catch everything. I seriously devoured it! So, I'm trying to say that I love her and I'm glad you're reading her. :)

    Sherri - We have a few of the same authors that we haven't read.

    Sarah Dessen - I enjoyed Along for the Ride. She tends to have quite a bit of language.

    Meg Cabot has some fun books, but not all of the ones I've read have I liked. I liked her Airhead and Abandon series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the Seven Realms series in three days, they were so good. Absolutely loved them! I got the first two from the library and then couldn't wait so I had to buy the last two. One of my favorite series.

      I'll try Along for the Ride sometime. Thanks! ~Pam

      Delete
  5. Rainbow Rowell! John Green! Sarah Dessen! So many good authors on this list!

    ReplyDelete