Author: Page Morgan
Publisher: Delacorte Press, 368 pages
Expected Publication Date: May 13, 2014
*Received ARC from publisher via NetGalley
Ingrid and Gabby survived the Underneath. They saved their brother, Grayson, from a future of dark servitude and exposed a plot to undermine the Alliance. But danger still lurks in the streets of Paris, and the Dispossessed, perched on the city's bridges and rooftops, might not be able to save their human wards this time.
Reasons Why You Should Read This Book (and Series):
1. Gargoyles. It has gargoyles! Hot, sexy, and tortured gargoyles who are known as the Dispossessed. They did something really horrible when they were human and now they live forever, slaves of the angels, assigned to a certain area and tasked with protecting the humans that live in that area from demons. But the Dispossessed don't like humans (and they hate the angels). There's also an Alliance of humans who fight demons and do not trust the Dispossessed. What a unique and wonderful world Page Morgan has created.
2. Forbidden love. The ultimate forbidden love. Luc is a gargoyle who is in love with Ingrid. If they even do more than kiss, he unwillingly transforms into his hard gargoyle self (which means no physical intimacy). Oh yeah, and the other gargoyles will kill him for being in a relationship with a human. And then there's the mean angels who also won't allow it. Not good.
3. Sibling love. Ingrid and Grayson are twins who have always had a special relationship. Which means she'll do anything to save him…and help him through what he's currently doing through. And there's also her sister Gabby. All three of them love each other and would lay down their lives for each other. So it was nice to see a paranormal book with such strong sibling relationships.
4. More than one romance. Usually there's the main romance and that's it. But not in this series. You have other romances to root for (and more than one swoony guy).
5. It's set in Paris. Enough said.
The sequel was amazing!!! And that ending…oh Luc, Ingrid, Gaby, Nolan. *sob* Just read it!
Posted by: Pam