When I think about reading at the beach, I think light and fluffy. Basically feel good books. So here's my list:
1. Landline by Rainbow Rowell. July 8, 2014. It's Rainbow Rowell. Need I say more? (Although this one does sound a little serious).
2. On the Fence by Kasie West. July 1, 2014. This one sounds so cute and I've already heard great things. And I've loved every single book she's written so far.
3. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. August 14, 2014. It's by Stephanie Perkins and it's got happily ever after in the title. Sold!
4. Summer of Yesterday by Gaby Triana. June 17, 2014. "Back to the Future meets Fast Times at Ridgemont High when Haley’s summer vacation takes a turn for the retro in this totally rad romantic fantasy." Time travel and romance in 1982. I can't wait to get my hands on this one!
5. 17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen. June 17, 2014. "Fans of Sarah Ockler, Susane Colasanti, and Stephanie Perkins will fall head over heels for this addictive, heartfelt, and often hilarious modern love story." Assuming these comparisons are right, this one sounds like a perfect beach read!
Even though I usually like light and fluffy at the beach I also use vacations as an opportunity to work through my TBR shelves so a few of these have been out for awhile.
6. The Selection by Kiera Cass, "Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined." OHHHH doesn't that sound fabulous.
7. Just One Night by Gayle Forman: thank goodness, the final chapter in the love story between Allyson (Lulu) and Willem (Just One Day and Just One Night)
8. The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas: the prequel to the Throne of Glass series and focuses on the relationship between Celaena and Sam, her first love.
9. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater: Blue finally has the ability to see the dead but the question is why and how can she help Gansey on his own quest....mystery and romance...perfect beach read.
10. Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver: The Delirium series focuses on a society where falling in love is a disease but high school student Lena still manages to fall in love with Alex. In this second book we learn more about the revolutionaries who challenge the authorities and encourage Lena to resist the old ways.