Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.
1. The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Graceling meets The Selection? Yes, please!
2. The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury. An executioner who kills anyone she touches, engaged to a prince. Sign me up!
3. In a World Just Right by Jen Brooks. A guy who creates alternate worlds at will? Can't resist this one.
4. The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey. I know I shouldn't pay attention to comparisons, but this book is marketed for fans of Cassandra Clare and Leigh Bardugo, two of my favorite authors!
5. The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi. A contemporary I'm looking forward to, described as a fun, romantic story of first love.
And, if I hadn't already read it, An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir would definitely be on this list!
Sheri's List: One of my reading goals for 2015 is to read more books written by men or about male characters so all of my choices have a male voice.
1. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by BeckyAlbertalli. A contemporary story about a 16 year old "not so openly gay" boy trying to manage high school life.
2. Mosquitoland by David Arnold. This is a story about Mim Malone who goes on an "American odyssey".
3. This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee. A reimagined Frankenstein!!!4. Denton's Little Death Date by Lance Rubin. About a boy who knows the exact day that he dies and tries to live every day to its fullest despite his knowledge.
5. We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach. Four high school seniors try to figure out themselves and their futures despite an asteroid heading straight to Earth.
What debuts are you looking forward to this year?