1. Too Many Books!!! This is a common problem, I'm sure, but my TBR list is out of control. I have so many unread books on my shelves, on my Kindle, and I keep buying more! (Of course, this is a good problem to have).
2. Forgetting books. I have the worst book memory and I forget books so easily. A day later and I may not even remember the basic plot and the names of the main characters. This becomes a huge problem with all of the series I'm currently reading (over 75), meaning that I have to reread almost every single book that is in a series when the new one comes out.
3. Buying cheap books on Amazon just because they're cheap. With so many great books to read, I should be more selective, but I just can't resist those daily/monthly deals. That one-click is a HUGE problem!
4. Getting too emotionally involved, especially about my couples. I'm sure we all have this problem, but sometimes I care too much. I just want my HEA!
5. Being impatient for the next book to come out. It's so hard to wait in between books in a series!
6. I don't have enough time to read every day. My problem is that I read in bed after 9 pm which generally means I fall asleep within 30 minutes of starting my book.
7. My friends are constantly recommending books. Some of my closest friends are HEAVY book readers, so I am constantly updating my goodreads TBR shelf based on their recommendations.
8. I abuse my library privileges. My local library has an amazing interlibrary loan system so I literally request a book and it will eventually appear like magic. The problem for me is that I can't control when books will arrive. I currently have 26 books checked out from the library and this just seems wrong but I can't return them because who knows when I will get them back. Fortunately if someone else requests the book the library will recall my copy.
9. I read multiple books at one time. I have a tendency to stop reading a book for a period of time when the plot irritates me, when the story becomes too suspenseful, or when another book catches my eye. This often means I am reading multiple books at one time and it can take me forever to finish a book even when I really like the book.
10. I love audiobooks. An exciting plot, an amazing narrator, and a great cup of coffee means a wonderful morning commute or a relaxing evening ride home. On the downside it can take a really long time to finish a book. Plus, I now have to make up excuses to have my ear plugs in at home. At least my family has accepted that they have to look at my ears before they start talking.
What are some of your book related problems?