Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.
Sheri's List: Even though some of these books were published more than five years ago I read them in the last three to five and some are the reason I started reading young adult on a regular basis.
1. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. As a gender studies scholar I just wasn't sure what to make of this series but it certainly kept me looking for more books.
2. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I can honestly say I had never read an entire series quite like the one.
3. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill. I had no idea how great time-travel books could be.
4. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. Oh the power of young love!
5. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West. Easily my favorite book in the last six months.
Pam's List: This is pretty much the most impossible Top Ten I've ever participated in. How am I supposed to pick my all time favorites from the last 3 to 5 years???? I would have a hard time just picking my favorites from last month! But here is my list and I've concentrated on series that I love, that I recommend to people. The ones I flail and fangirl over. The ones that have characters I love and can't stop thinking about. Ok, here goes (and I'm sort of cheating):
6. The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. Two words: Jace and Will. Enough said.
7. Lux series and Covenant series. JLA knows how to create amazing characters. Snark, humor, banter, hot guys…she is an auto-buy author for me.
8. Favorite angel series: Violet Eden by Jessica Shirvington, Rephaim by Paula Weston, and Penryn & the End of Days by Susan Ee. The feels…the feels!!!
10. Paranormal series. Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin, Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken, Lynburn Legacy series by Sarah Rees Brennan, The Arcana Chronicles by Kresley Cole, and The Archived series by Victoria Schwab.
11. Fantasy. Fantasy is one of my favorite genres so this is really impossible but here are some of my favorites: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, Seven Realms by Cinda Williams Chima, The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson, Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta, Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes, and The Elemental Trilogy by Sherry Thomas. There's a lot more but I have to stop.
12. Contemporary. Anna and the French Kiss series by Stephanie Perkins, Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard, The Distance Between Us by Kasie West, To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, and Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta.
I'm still missing a lot of my favorite books I've read in the last few years. There are some fantastic time travel books (All Our Yesterdays, Loop, Timebound, Time Between Us) and parallel world books (Dissonance). Too many great books!
What are some of your favorite YA books?