Monday, May 18, 2015

Book Review: Siren's Fury by Mary Weber

Siren's Fury (The Storm Siren Trilogy #2)
Author:  Mary Weber
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson/Harper Collins, 352 pages
Expected Publication Date:  June 2, 2015
*ARC received from publisher via NetGalley

From Goodreads:
Nym has saved Faelen only to discover that Draewulf stole everything she valued. Now he’s destroyed her Elemental storm-summoning ability as well.

When Nym sneaks off with a host of delegates to Bron, Lord Myles offers her the chance for a new kind of power and the whispered hope that it may do more than simply defeat the monster she loathes. But the secrets the Bron people have kept concealed, along with the horrors Draewulf has developed, may require more than simply harnessing a darker ability.

They may require who she is.

Set against the stark metallic backdrop of the Bron kingdom, Nym is faced with the chance to change the future.

Or was that Draewulf’s plan for her all along?


Review:
After Storm Siren's brutal ending (my heart was ripped open), I couldn't wait to start reading Siren's Fury.  It's dark, that's for sure.  We learn more about the Bron people, who value physical power over everything.  We get to know Myles a lot better in this book, and he's a complicated character.  Draewulf, although evil, is also shown to be more complicated, which I appreciated.  There are themes of compassion, power, and making the right choices.  

Nym is a great heroine, but she's struggling in this book.  Still reeling over what happened to Eogan, she then loses her storm summoning ability, which leads her to make all sorts of horrible decisions, including being tempted by a dark, unnatural power.  It made it hard to read the book sometimes because I was so frustrated with what the characters were doing.  I felt like throwing my Kindle across the room a few times, I have to say.  

Filled with non-stop action and adventure (a lot of the book takes place on an airship), I definitely recommend it.  It's really good, but not necessarily fun, if that makes sense.

Posted by:  Pam


3 comments:

  1. I love this series so much! The writing is gorgeous and the main characters have really captured my heart. I agree, though - some of Nym's decisions had me biting my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often say I'll wait to see how the second book turns out before deciding if i'll read a book and we'll... I guess I really need to start this series don't I? Adding it to my TBR now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read this series! It sounds so amazing and everyone raves about it! Is there one more after this one? Maybe I should wait so I can just binge it...

    ReplyDelete