Friday, May 1, 2015

Book Review: The Wondrous and the Wicked by Page Morgan

The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed #3)
Author:  Page Morgan
Publisher:  Delacorte Press, 352 pages
Publication Date:  April 14, 2015

From Goodreads:
Since the Waverlys arrived in Paris, the streets have grown more fearsome by the day. As Ingrid learns to master her lectrux gift, she must watch Axia's power grow strong enough to extend beyond her Underneath hive. By all indications, the fallen angel's Harvest is near-and the timing couldn't be worse.

Targeted by vengeful gargoyles, Gabby has been exiled to London for her own protection. Meanwhile, the gargoyle castes are in disarray, divided between those who want Luc to lead them and those who resent him and his fondness for humans. The Alliance is crumbling from the inside as well, its members turning against one another, and possibly against the Waverlys, too.

Axia has promised that the world will burn. And now, unable to trust the Alliance, separated from Luc, Gabby, and her twin, Grayson, Ingrid is left to face the demon uprising alone.


Review:
Here's why you should read this series:

1.  Gargoyles.  GARGOYLES!!!!!

2.  Paris in 1900.  PARIS!!!!

3.  Angels who are in charge of the gargoyles.  In fact, the gargoyles are slaves, charged with protecting humans.

4.  Demons and demon hunters.  

5.  Three, yes, three, love stories.

6.  The most perfect ending EVER.  Maybe a little too perfect, but you know what?  I DON'T CARE.

Posted by:  Pam

3 comments:

  1. This sounds exciting. Adding to my TBR! Thanks for this review, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to read this series, but.. love triangle. :/ And I love books that have multiple love stories, so that sucks. But I'm glad you enjoyed the ending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to keep going with this series! I liked the first one, but I wanted to reread it before started the second... I think that's my hold up. But I'm low on audiobooks so this might happen soon!

    ReplyDelete