Friday, May 22, 2015

Recommend It? Super Mini-Reviews (6)

I got this idea from Danielle at Love at First Page. I read a lot of books that I don't review so I thought I would give a super short review of some books and let you know whether I recommend them or not.

End of Days by Susan Ee.  I loved every single word. Penryn and Raffe. Best. Banter. Ever. Such an emotional book, I found myself cheering, then tearing up, then laughing.  An amazing end to a phenomenal series.  A million times recommend!
Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen.  A wonderful coming-of-age novel about a girl who has always lived in her brother's shadow, but she comes into her own after he goes to jail.  Family and friendship are front and center and of course there's an amazing guy (she's a master at creating perfect love interests).  Sarah Dessen realistically captures the highs and lows of being a teenager…definitely recommend.
Rook by Sharon Cameron.  Brilliant.  I LOVED this Scarlet Pimpernel inspired story.  Smart and tough heroine, charming, charismatic guy (but can we trust him?), hate-to-love romance with banter (they have to pretend to love each other when they don't), amazing world-building, and plenty of deception, action, and intrigue. Yes, recommend!


Posted by:  Pam

6 comments:

  1. Rook and Saint Anything, yes! So glad you enjoyed them and can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. END OF DAYS! Some people have been disappointed but I loved it. I thought it was a great conclusion. Raffe and Penryn for OTP!
    Great reviews! I did like Rook, but I wish it had been shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Saint Anything! And seeing that you loved Rook makes me want to read it more now! Ashley liked it but didn't have as much enthusiasm as you hah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait for Saint Anything. Off to add a hold for it at the library. :) Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are on my list! I think I just need to buy the first and third books for sure and at least read the middle one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I'm so glad to hear that you liked Rook! I haven't heard much about it, but it sounds really good! Hopefully I'll be able to get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete