Friday, September 4, 2015

Book Review: Illuminate by Tracy Clark

Illuminate (The Light Key Trilogy #3)
Author:  Tracy Clark
Publisher:  Entangled: Teen, 320 pages
Expected Publication Date:  September 21, 2015
*ARC received from publisher via NetGalley

From Goodreads:
Can one girl be the light in a world spiraling toward darkness?

Haunted by the loss of her loved ones, Cora Sandoval, one of the remaining few of an extraordinary race known as Scintilla, holds the key to disentangling the biggest conspiracy in human history...and its link to the fate of the human race. As Cora follows a trail of centuries-old clues and secrets, she collides with a truth not only shocking, but dangerous.

With enemies both known and unknown hot on her trail, Cora must locate each of the ancient clues hidden in the art, religions, and mythologies of humankind. And through it all, she must keep her heart from being torn apart by the two boys she loves most. One is Scintilla, one is Arazzi.

Save herself. Save the Scintilla. Save the world.
Or die trying…


Review:
This is a tough review to write because I absolutely loved the first two books in this series.  But this one…I hated the ending.  With a passion.  It pissed me off for many reasons.  One, I just didn't like it.  But two, the way it ends, there's still so many people that we don't know what happens to them.  I really can't say more about it without spoiling it so I will stop.  Just one last comment.  You think Allegiant was a bad ending?  This book makes me like Allegiant.  

What about the rest of it?  Honestly, even without the horrible and stupid and pointless ending it just wasn't as good as the first two.  Not even close.  Not a lot happened.  And the three main characters were apart almost the entire book.  

I am so disappointed in this book.  I was excited to read it and now I wish I never had.


Posted by:  Pam

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Man I hate a bad ending. I'm sorry the author ruined this series for you. I wish you could forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah crap. I might ask you to spoil the ending for me because I am insanely curious and if you hated it this much I probably won't read the series anyway.

    ReplyDelete