1. Cassandra Clare. I LOVED both the Mortal Instruments series and the Infernal Devices series. She's writing more Shadowhunter books and I say, keep them coming!
2. Jessica Shirvington. The Embrace series is one of my all time favorites. And the Disruption duology was fantastic! Her stand-alone book, One Past Midnight (a.k.a. Between the Lives) was also incredible. She writes in such a way that I feel all the feels!
3. Richelle Mead. Vampire Academy and Bloodlines…LOVE them both! I also love her adult books as well, especially the Age of X series.
4. Kasie West. Every book written by Kasie West just makes me happy. Banter, swoony romance…it doesn't get any better.
5. Stephanie Perkins. Again, her books just make me happy. I smile almost the whole time I'm reading them. Even though her next book is a horror novel, I'm still going to read it.
Sheri's List: Many of Pam's choices would be on my list as well but I thought I would add a few more favorites.
1. Marissa Meyer. Marissa Meyer helped me fall in love with fairy tales once again, but of course these are not your typical fairy tales.
2. Diana Peterfreund. I fell in love with her style and world building in For Darkness Shows the Stars and I can't wait to read more.3. Claire LaZebnik. I am always looking for a well-written Jane Austen spin-off and these books never disappoint.
4. Kerstin Gier. Her Precious Stone trilogy might be one of my favorite time travel YA series and I can't wait to see what she writes next.
5. Scott Westerfeld, Stephenie Meyer, Suzanne Collins, Veronica Roth. Each of these authors hooked me from page one and I definitely can't wait to see what they right next.