Friday, February 13, 2015

Discussion Question: Too Many Books?

Do you sometimes get overwhelmed and stressed out because of all of the books you want to read?  I'm not talking about ARCs (that's a whole subject in and of itself) but the books you want to read and have no obligation to read.  Sometimes I look at the books on my bookshelves and my Kindle and even the ones on my TBR list on Goodreads and I just feel like there are TOO MANY BOOKS THAT I WANT TO READ.  I read a lot of books, over 300 a year, and I still feel like I'm getting behind, that the books are just piling up.  And I keep buying new ones so I'm not making a dent.  And sometimes this leads to me reading a book way too fast just to get done and get to the next one.  It feels weird complaining that there are too many books to read, but maybe I should be more selective?  Is it just me or do you feel this way?


Posted by:  Pam

6 comments:

  1. Yes! I have this problem all the time! I bought a ton of physical books (a ridiculous amount) in September and I've only read, maybe five of them…. Then in December-January I bought a ton (a ridiculous amount) of Kindle books….and then there's library books for all the books I don't have and ugh, there's just not enough time! And I'm not a very fast reader. :( It's so not weird to complain about so many books.

    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! YES! YES! I get this all the time. Especially after a massive book buying spree, when I realise it might be years before I get to some of them. So many books and so little time :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a crap load of books, and I don't know how I think I'm going to get through them all but I keep buying, and adding to my Goodreads TBR, and sometimes it' just overwhelming. I'm with you on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely! I have over 150 unread books on my shelves. I promised myself I would not buy ANY books in 2014 - except for book club books I couldn't get at the library. I cheated 3 times. I have been asked by my significant other to do the same again this year. Now, I share my kindle with others so they are buying new books and lots of people give me books so despite this, I still add to my shelves all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I definitely feel like I am rushing through books because there are so many I want to read and I have to remind myself to slow down and enjoy the one I am reading now. But I would rather have an endless amount of books that I want to read as opposed to the reverse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness yes. I am constantly stressing about the books I own but haven't read. And I don't even have that many compared to some. But it still gives me anxiety lol. I can see my TBR shelf from where I'm sitting at the bed, and I feel like it's judging me haha.

    ReplyDelete