Thursday, June 4, 2015

Book Review: Earth & Sky by Megan Crewe

Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky #1)
Author:  Megan Crewe
Publisher:  Skyscape, 308 pages
Publication Date:  October 28, 2014
*ARC received from publisher via NetGalley

From Goodreads:
Seventeen-year-old Skylar has been haunted for as long as she can remember by fleeting yet powerful sensations that something is horribly wrong. But despite the panic attacks tormenting her, nothing ever happens, and Sky’s beginning to think she’s crazy. Then she meets a mysterious, otherworldly boy named Win and discovers the shocking truth her premonitions have tapped into: our world no longer belongs to us. For thousands of years, Earth has been at the mercy of alien scientists who care nothing for its inhabitants and are using us as the unwitting subjects of their time-manipulating experiments. Win belongs to a rebel faction seeking to put a stop to it, and he needs Skylar’s help--but with each shift in the past, the very fabric of reality is unraveling, and soon there may be no Earth left to save.

Review:
Given the combination of aliens and time travel, I was expecting to love this book, but it was just okay. Honestly, it was a bit lackluster.  Characters I didn't really care about, no romance really, and even with a ton of running and danger, I was pretty bored.  And I was surprised by the fact that the time travel was pointless in the sense that the characters went back into the past and there was barely any description, no interaction with people, so it didn't even seem to matter that they went into the past. Apparently something Sky and Win do during one trip alters the future because when Sky gets back, one of her friends is gone.  Just poof…disappeared.  But I didn't even care because I had no idea who her friends were because they play almost no role in the book.  It's hard to like a book when you don't care about the characters.  The ending…abrupt, with no real resolution to the story.  Sadly, Earth & Sky didn't work for me on any level.


Posted by:  Pam

1 comment:

  1. Sorry this didn't work for you but I know EXACTLY what you mean. It wasn't even on my radar but I'm kind of relieved i'm not adding another book to my TBR at the moment. I'm overwhelmed by all of the books I want to read already!

    ReplyDelete