Friday, June 5, 2015

Summer Book Related Goals

Summer is a great time because I have more time to read.  So I decided to make some book related goals.

1.  Read the ARCs I have.  Right now I have 22 ARCs that were sent by publishers and I'm starting to feel guilty that I haven't read them.  Some were sent over six months ago and their publication dates have come and gone, but I'm determined to read them.

2.  Read the library books I have checked out.  I have about 15 library books.  I don't know why I tend to read them last.  They sit on the shelves, judging me, and I keep going online and renewing them.  The only thing that seems to make me read them is when someone has requested one and I can no longer renew it.  I think I should go through them, decide whether I want to read each one, and return the ones I've changed my mind about.  Then I will read the rest.

3.  Finish completed series.  There are a number of series that are complete and I have read at least the first book and I want to finish them (these are not ones in which I didn't like the first book and don't want to continue).  Why do I keep waiting?  Why do I keep starting new series instead of finishing the ones already complete?  Part of it is that I need to reread the first book (and even sometimes the second book).  That is a problem because with all of the other books I have to read that I haven't, rereading feels like such a waste of time.  But I'm determined.

4.  Write my reviews right after I've read the book and don't start reading a new book until I've done that.  This is a huge problem for me.  I finish a book and I immediately start reading another book.  Then it's two or three books later and I sit down to write the review and I can barely remember the book.

5.  Write better reviews.  I feel like I say the same thing over and over and over again. 

Do you have more time in the summer to read?  Do you have any goals related to reading this summer?


Posted by:  Pam

4 comments:

  1. While my summer reading goals are no different from any other season. I definitely want to get through my ARCS, there are far too many of them. I've been thinking the same thing about my reviews--I feel like they can improve,need to improve. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely benefit from following a few of these myself, particularly 3 & 4. I write much better reviews (and write them faster) if I write them right after I finish reading but I almost never do. I am doing better than I did last year though when I let reviews pile up so I guess that's a start...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should add having your co-blogger contribute more often
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am behind on my reading schedule, so I definitely want to catch up over the next couple of months. Which is difficult, because I have all of these BEA books staring at me now. D:
    I try to write my reviews within one or two days of reading, and never let it get backed up more than 2 or 3 books. I used to be over 10 behind and that was so stressful!

    ReplyDelete