1. Read the ARCs I have. Right now I have 22 ARCs that were sent by publishers and I'm starting to feel guilty that I haven't read them. Some were sent over six months ago and their publication dates have come and gone, but I'm determined to read them.
2. Read the library books I have checked out. I have about 15 library books. I don't know why I tend to read them last. They sit on the shelves, judging me, and I keep going online and renewing them. The only thing that seems to make me read them is when someone has requested one and I can no longer renew it. I think I should go through them, decide whether I want to read each one, and return the ones I've changed my mind about. Then I will read the rest.
3. Finish completed series. There are a number of series that are complete and I have read at least the first book and I want to finish them (these are not ones in which I didn't like the first book and don't want to continue). Why do I keep waiting? Why do I keep starting new series instead of finishing the ones already complete? Part of it is that I need to reread the first book (and even sometimes the second book). That is a problem because with all of the other books I have to read that I haven't, rereading feels like such a waste of time. But I'm determined.
4. Write my reviews right after I've read the book and don't start reading a new book until I've done that. This is a huge problem for me. I finish a book and I immediately start reading another book. Then it's two or three books later and I sit down to write the review and I can barely remember the book.
5. Write better reviews. I feel like I say the same thing over and over and over again.
Do you have more time in the summer to read? Do you have any goals related to reading this summer?
Posted by: Pam